Hotspot Shield offers you much better security and privacy protection than a web proxy. Hotspot Shield VPN encrypts your internet traffic, and enables you to access any blocked or geo-restricted site wherever you are, and more.
Ensure you are private, secure, and anonymous online!
• Secure your web session, data, online shopping, and personal information online with HTTPS encryption.
• Protect yourself from identity theft online.
• Hide your IP address for your privacy online.
• Access all content privately without censorship; bypass firewalls.
• Protect yourself from snoopers at Wi-Fi hotspots, hotels, airports, corporate offices.
• Works on wireless and wired connections alike. Provides Unlimited Bandwidth.
• Works on the PC and the MAC, including new operating systems (Windows 7 and Snow Leopard)
Hotspot Shield is a software solution that adds a new security layer to your computer, as it has the necessary features to secure a wi-fi and a wired connection even in public places.
Of course, the program remains very friendly with computer resources all the time, which means you should be able to run it on older machines as well, regardless of the Windows version.
In the end, Hotspot Shield seems a decent addition to your very own defense system, although some of the users might simply give up using it due to the advertisements displayed while browsing the web. Before jumping into conclusions, be sure to give it a shot. It’s free, so it won’t cost you anything.
Here are some key features of “Hotspot Shield”:
· Secure your web session with HTTPS encryption.
· Hide your IP address for your privacy online.
· Access all content privately without censorship; bypass firewalls.
· Protect yourself from snoopers at Wi-Fi hotspots, hotels, airports, corporate offices and ISP hubs.
· Works on wireless and wired connections alike.
· Secure your data & personal information online
- New and improved UI
- In-app sign-in – sign in to your Elite account easily from within the app—no longer required to sign in via browser
- One button to connect and disconnect – Toggle the same button on the app’s home screen to turn Hotspot Shield on and off
- No more Protection modes (Full, Smart, Selected) – staying protected is now simpler with the new Auto-On feature for Networks and Sites
- Auto-on for Networks – automatically connects Hotspot Shield based on the connected network type (unsafe, safe, other)
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Kill Switch